In the research project “Corridor for New Mobility Aachen – Düsseldorf” (ACCorD), which started on 1.1.2020, Straßen.NRW is testing the networking between vehicle and infrastructure at selected locations as an example for the use cases “switching time prediction”, “green time request” and “traffic situation” based on vehicle data. For each of the three use cases, one or two use cases are taken into account according to the currently valid version of the C-ROADS specifications.
With ACCorD, Straßen.NRW is pursuing several goals:
- On the one hand, the application of the above-mentioned use cases is to be tested to evaluate both the effort and the expected benefits for traffic signal control and its integration into higher-level traffic management.
- On the other hand, the system and solution approach of different manufacturers regarding the traffic light infrastructure is to be tested and evaluated under real conditions.
The specific tasks of AlbrechtConsult in the project are:
- WP1: Concept development for the project process
- WP 2: Development of the solution model
- WP3: Specification of technical core components & functions relevant to ACCorD
- WP4: Specification of local V2X components
- WP5: Participation in tendering and awarding of contracts
- WP6: Construction supervision and quality assurance